Friday 6 October 2017

Thoughts and Reflections on Lesson 2

Calling The Shot - 29th September 


Lecture: In the lecture there was a showing of the short film 'Girl With The Yellow Stockings.' 


The film explored subtext, had minimal script and was more based around the actions of the characters. It was interesting to watch how a story line could unfold from the characters behaviour towards each other. Themes of abuse and control were evident and the representation was clear as it explored these issues. Watching the film was helpful in understanding how to use subtext within a film that gives meaning that the audience can decode. 

Camera Workshop: Doing the camera workshop was an opportunity to develop skills e.g. framing for film, how to present the shots so that they have meaning and can show the audience parts of the story without actually having to tell them through dialogue. 

Set task (Diary Film): A couple of weeks before, the class was set the task of creating a diary film that consists of 1-5 second shots taken everyday and then compiled in to a short film. 

Ideas/Development for final project: Thinking about the diary film task that was set, I'm set on the idea of creating another diary film for my final project. I want my final project to have more depth to it where I can explore the different techniques and themes that I will learn throughout lectures. I want to create a diary film that is a lot more personal than the first task. I want it to document my experiences and sights in a visual way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment