Monday 16 October 2017

Collage Film

The second task set after the film diary was to make a collage film. In my collage film I wanted to create a piece that was styled on the culture of the 80's spanning over film, music, technology etc. As this is something I enjoy.  I thought it would be interesting to pick scenes and clips from my favourite 80's films and music and then contrast this with major events that took place in the decade such as Chernobyl, Mt. St. Helen's Eruption, Privatisation under Margaret Thatcher, Rioting etc. making these clips black and white to emphasise this fact.
I'm really interested in the culture of the 80's and when I think of the decade I think of the classic films and good music and it never  really occurred to me that there were some major events that took place in the 80's that are based around politics, war etc. and so wanted to implement this into the piece, with my overall goal representing a specific time in history using the good points and bad. I also thought this task was really good for me to try as I have limited experience in editing and this task really relied on editing that made the piece clash with constant change and abrupt cuts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment